jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Manolo Gomez Lopez" <performa...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying custom node types in jackrabbit
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:10:24 GMT
Hi,

  We need to have custom node types in our system. I have two questions
regarding the deployment of those node types.

  First, we would like to use the 3rd deployment model, where the repository
gets exposed using  RMI, and we noticed (as others) that the remote stub
that one can get from the RMI server lacks of the appropriate methods needed
for registering custom node types. I've read somewhere that a change in the
server and client interfaces is needed to be able to register custom node
types but there's not many information available.

  Can anyone give some hint on how to get the appropriate stubs that will
allow the clients of our model 3 jackrabbit to register custom node types?

  Second, I am wondering if there are any plans to allow the registration of
custom node types without the need of invoking jackrabbit API
programmatically. As there exists a notation for describing node types and
their prefixes and namespaces, wouldn't it be easier to store node
definitions in files and let them be deployed in jackrabbit when found in a
given directory, following the J2EE pattern of deploying applications?

 As deployed node types and namespaces at the end are represented using
files inside jackrabbit's data model on disk, maybe will be a good idea to
let administrators put node type definitions there for deployment...

greets,