jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Oloan, Aidan" <aol...@edmunds.com>
Subject Auto creating navigational nodes
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:07:09 GMT
I have a tree structure containing some nodes which are OCM mapped
directly to my domain classes, but it also contains other structural
nodes which exist purely for performance and usability reasons.

e.g.

Ford

 \
  F-150

     \

       \
      | V6
      |  |
      |   \Maintenance

       \
        V8

          \Maintenance

In the above example, I want the 'V6' and 'V8' nodes to be simple
nt:unstructured nodes to aid navigation, and for that reason they don't
have a domain model class. I have a domain model class for Maintenance
which contains the engine type. Can I configure OCM to create the V6 and
V8 nodes automatically if they do not exist when saving a new
Maintenance object?