jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject FW: JSR170 & support for the 'explicit checkout' model
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:05:17 GMT
Ok, so maybe this is doing what i want

Version v = node.getBaseVersion();
node.restore(v, false);

However, it also appears to roll back changes made to child nodes of node as well, which i
don't want to happen, as i'm storing audit information in a child node.

If i grab the latest version of a child node, then restore the parent node, can i then restore
the orphaned version of the child node back into the child? Is that legal?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:42pm
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: JSR170 & support for the 'explicit checkout' model

Hi folks,

   Apparently my google skills aren't up to snuff, but i have been trying to figure out whether
jsr170 supports the 'explicit checkout' model, as done with clearcase, sourcesafe, etc, etc.
As there is no 'undocheckout' method, i am lead to believe it really only supports the svn/cvs
'implicit checkout' model. I did notice the
Node.replace method, and thought perhaps that this could be used, altho i wasn't able to get
it to work the way i expected.

Am i missing something obvious? How do you remove the checkout status of a Node without checkin?

thanks, dave