jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataStore Garbage Collector problem
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:01:19 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your help! I have ran your tests and found a
synchronization problem (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1414). This is now fixed in
the trunk.

>  The strange behaviour (or so it seems to me) is that when I stop then
>  restart the application all my datastore object are cleaned, an from that
>  moment, even if I delete a node, it isn't deleted from the datastore.

The problem is the objects are still in the cache. The garbage
collection is very cautious, and items in the cache (or somewhere else
in memory) are not deleted. This is done using a weak reference hash
map. Once the items are garbage collected in memory, they can be
garbage collected in the data store.

Regards,
Thomas