jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.4 on oracle 10.1.3.3
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:15:27 GMT
Hi,

I don't know the JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager, but in Jackrabbit
1.4.1(I'm not sure when this will be released) will you can use the
'regular'
bundle OraclePersistenceManager (
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager) with
JNDI. See also: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

"As of Jackrabbit 1.4, the connection can be created using a JNDI Data
Source as well. To do that, the driver class name must reference a
javax.naming.Context class (for example javax.naming.InitialContext), and
the URL must be the JNDI URL (for example java:comp/env/jdbc/Test)"

In Jackrabbit 1.4 there is a bug () so you need to specify the user name and
password as well, but this might not work with your data source factory, see
also: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1305

Regards,
Thomas