jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some performance questions about Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:15:30 GMT
Hi,

> > The BundleDbPersistenceManagers support blob store
> I know

Ok

> hack the Property class to get the
> RAW property with the SHA-1 from the node.

I wouldn't call it hack, I would call it 'extend' ;-) to create a fast
migration tool. Ideal would be:

1) Migrate the blob store directly to the DataStore using a tool (can
be run concurrently with the 'old' Jackrabbit, just read all files and
add them to the data store). While doing that, write a 'lookup table'
to map from blob UUID to SHA-1 hash.

2) Extend the Property class so that instead of adding raw blobs, the
SHA-1 value can be set. (new method
PropertyImpl.setValue(DataIdentifier identifier)).

3) Export all data from the old Jackrabbit excluding BLOBs of course -
instead export just the UUID of the BLOB (should be possible - is this
what you did so far?)

4) Import all data, but instead of importing the BLOB or the UUID of
the blob, use the right SHA-1 hash.

Would that make sense?

Regards,
Thomas