jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some performance questions about Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:28:38 GMT
Hi,

> I am using LocalFileSystemPersistenceManager

I guess it's LocalFileSystem

> it was impossible to move to the
> BundlePersistenceManager before JR 1.4 since the DataStore was not in
> the release and I could not afford to store the binaries in the DB.

The BundleDbPersistenceManagers support blob store (externalBLOBs). Is
there a problem with this feature?

> 3) What happens if a session is garbage collected without a logout has
> been executed?

The last time I tried that, the session was not reclaimed. I'm not
sure if we should qualify this as a bug, or if there is one already.

> 6) How much the MySqlBundlePersistenceManager in average improves the
> performances?

It did improve the performance for me, but I don't have any numbers.
It depends on the use case.

> 10) Since it does not make sense to export a 90 GB XML file with the
> binaries inside, right now, to perform a backup, I am exporting the XML
> without binaries.

At one point, you will probably need to migrate the whole data
including binaries. This doesn't mean the binaries should be converted
to XML. Specially when you want to convert to the DataStore (if you
really want to do that now).

> Since the DataStore uses the md5

Actually it is SHA-1 (just for the record). MD5 has been broken for
this use case (see http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/SoftIntCodeSign/)

> The only way is to create a script to change the blobs structure to the
> new DataStore structure but for this I need a mapping Node UUID -> md5

You would need a way to import binaries using the SHA-1 value. We will
probably need some more functionality to do this.

Regards,
Thomas