jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Schmidt" <cschm...@prospricing.com>
Subject XPath on data prior to saving
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:18:23 GMT
  I remember seeing an email on this list about not being able to query
for nodes prior to saving them, but cannot find it right now.  Is there
an alternative way to query for recently created nodes/properties
without explicitly saving the information into the repository?  I have
two sets of information that I want to create within the same session
'save'.  One node needs to reference the other, but doesn't have access
to the node itself for various reasons.  I'm attempting to do an XPath
query to retrieve the other node to create the reference, but cannot
since I haven't saved the previous node yet.  I don't want to save the
first node before creating the other if at all possible.  If the second
node fails for some reason, I don't want the first to be in the system.
Both nodes are working with the same session object.  Is it possible to
rollback multiple saves on a session?  That would enable me to save the
first node but undo it if something happens with the second.

Thanks,

  Chris

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It
has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message
is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you