jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Schmidt" <cschm...@prospricing.com>
Subject RE: Revision.log not closing?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:59:41 GMT
Wow, thanks for the quick turnaround.  I'll check out the modifications
in subversion and patch them into the 1.3.3 release we're using now.

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: dpfister@day.com [mailto:dpfister@day.com] On Behalf Of Dominique
Pfister
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:21 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Revision.log not closing?

Hi Chris,

The revision.log file keeps the local cluster node state, i.e. the
last revision this cluster node has seen, so, unfortunately yes, this
file will also be created with other journal types. I created a bug
for this issue:

and fixed it. It should be included in the 1.4.1 release. If you need
that fix in the meantime, checking the subversion changes on the JIRA
page might help.

Kind regards
Dominique

On 01/02/2008, Chris Schmidt <cschmidt@prospricing.com> wrote:
>   It definitely is starting and stopping the repository a lot, and I'd
> like to switch to using a different repository implementation soon.
> However, is there some way to expose and fix the revision file problem
> in the meantime?  If I'm using a DatabaseJournal, should I even have
the
> revision.log?  I know it's a required attribute, but I'm having a heck
> of a time finding where it's used in the source code for database
> clustering.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Chris

Dominique
> Pfister
> Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:30 AM
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Revision.log not closing?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> AFAIK, a transient repository will start the repository on the first
> login and stop it on the last. In your setup, this might lead to a lot
> of repository startups and shutdowns, aggravating a probable problem
> with either the global or the local revision file.
>
> Kind regards
> Dominique
>
> On 01/02/2008, Chris Schmidt <cschmidt@prospricing.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> >   I'm using v1.3.3 and am having a problem running a jackrabbit
> instance
> > within tomcat.  I'm doing a simple query to get information out of
the
> > repository within a stress test.  Tomcat's file descriptors under
> linux
> > start to grow and don't seem to drop.  Eventually, tomcat dies with
> the
> > following exception:
> >

> > java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
> >
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.createImpl(ServerSocket.java:255)
> >
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.getImpl(ServerSocket.java:205)
> >
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
> >
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
> >
> >         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:141)
> >
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Defau
> > ltServerSocketFactory.java:49)
> >
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.
> > java:292)
> >
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.
> > java:480)
> >
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow