jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Schmidt" <cschm...@prospricing.com>
Subject RE: Revision.log not closing?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:39:14 GMT
  It definitely is starting and stopping the repository a lot, and I'd
like to switch to using a different repository implementation soon.
However, is there some way to expose and fix the revision file problem
in the meantime?  If I'm using a DatabaseJournal, should I even have the
revision.log?  I know it's a required attribute, but I'm having a heck
of a time finding where it's used in the source code for database
clustering.

Thanks,

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: dpfister@day.com [mailto:dpfister@day.com] On Behalf Of Dominique
Pfister
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:30 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Revision.log not closing?

Hi Chris,

AFAIK, a transient repository will start the repository on the first
login and stop it on the last. In your setup, this might lead to a lot
of repository startups and shutdowns, aggravating a probable problem
with either the global or the local revision file.

Kind regards
Dominique

On 01/02/2008, Chris Schmidt <cschmidt@prospricing.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>   I'm using v1.3.3 and am having a problem running a jackrabbit
instance
> within tomcat.  I'm doing a simple query to get information out of the
> repository within a stress test.  Tomcat's file descriptors under
linux
> start to grow and don't seem to drop.  Eventually, tomcat dies with
the
> following exception:
>

> java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
>
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.createImpl(ServerSocket.java:255)
>
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.getImpl(ServerSocket.java:205)
>
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
>
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
>
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:141)
>
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Defau
> ltServerSocketFactory.java:49)
>
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.
> java:292)
>
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.
> java:480)
>
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow