jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] jackrabbit-core 1.4.1 released
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:03:19 GMT

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:31 AM, sktkaur <sumanjeet23@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have downloaded jcr-1.0.jar,webapp-1.4.war n hv got all the files
>  available bt still getting the error that repository is not available.
>  what should i do nw?
>  should i have to make changes in the repository.xml file n config.xml
>  file,if yes then what changes should i have to do?

No, the repository should start up automatically.

Here are the steps I follow:

    1) Download jcr-1.0.jar and jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war
    2) Copy jcr-1.0.jar to the "lib" directory in Tomcat 6
    3) Start Tomcat
    4) Use the Tomcat admin interface to deploy the Jackrabbit webapp

And that's all, the webapp should start and automatically create an
empty repository in a "jackrabbit" subdirectory of the Tomcat

Note that you either need to make the Tomcat installation directory
writable, create a writable "jackrabbit" subdirectory in advance, or
change the webapp configuration so that the repository is stored
somewhere else if the default location is not writable.

If this still doesn't work, can you send us any error messages or
exceptions you are seeing? That would help in resolving the issue.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message