jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] jackrabbit-core 1.4.1 released
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:35:19 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:01 AM, sktkaur <sumanjeet23@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have downloaded jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war and deployed it to a servlet
>  container Tomcat.I have also dowmloaded jcr-1.0.jar to the shared classpath.
>  Now i want to know what to do next?
>  I want to see the CMS of jackrabbit and run it.

Note that Jackrabbit is not a content management system and does not
come with end-user tools for managing content. You can access the
repository through the JCR API (both locally and remotely, see the
documentation on the deployed webapp) and through the WebDAV protocol.

Think of Jackrabbit as a special kind of a database and the JCR API as
an alternative to JDBC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting