jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance as compared to simple sql db query is quite bad
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:05:53 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 1, 2008 1:49 PM, zevon <sateeshl@expedia.com> wrote:
> I am afraid I might not be able to use '//*' everytime, the given example
> was the simple one, but for each of these type nodes, I would have nodes
> which carry other information and one referring the other. Doing a  scan
> everytime and filtering out unwanted would be expensive too.

For best search performance with the current Jackrabbit query indexes,
you'll want to use a node type or property constraints instead of a
path check.

For example, if all your friendly file ids are stored in properties
named "my:friendlyFileName", the XPath query //*[@my:friendlyFileName]
should give you pretty fast access to all the nodes with such
properties.

BR,

Jukka Zitting