jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test failures -- could I have imagined these?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:36:58 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 1, 2008 1:08 PM, Jim_Cross <jimcross1981@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've seen similar - I tried to build from both the 1.4 tag and the trunk, and
> in both cases I got various test errors, which seemed to change each time I
> ran the build...with no code changes in between!

There's apparently some synchronization issues in the SPI components
that cause random test failures. The issue is discussed in the known
issue http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1293, and we disabled
some of the tests for the 1.4 release to avoid breaking the build for
users.

As far as I know the official 1.4 source release should build without
problems, but trunk and earlier versions of the 1.4 branch have the
troublesome tests enabled in hope of getting them fixed.

PS. If you're building and using stuff directly from svn, then dev@ is
probably a more appropriate forum. This mailing list is for issues and
usage of the official Jackrabbit releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting