jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Latysh <ivanlat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XPath on data prior to saving
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:21:52 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>>  >   Thanks for the response Marcel, that's what I was afraid of.  As
>> You are out of luck here, JCR api are very inconsistent in regards to transient
>>  state, and it is more than a frustrating.
>
> I thought that you may have an opinion on that particular topic ;)

[skipped]
> I am not going to rehash the entire discussion about all the problems
Neither do I.

   Do u think that for a certain scenario that involves a transaction with a
requirement that transient state has to be searcheable JCR transaction will not
fit, so a custom solution has to be used.

   And I believe that workspace can accommodate such scenario quite nice. As you
pointed correctly it is not a DB transaction, but more like a temp folder
storing files to be burned on a CD when done with them.

   Would like to hear your opinion on that. Using workspaces as a custom
transient space.

--
Ivan Latysh
IvanLatysh@gmail.com