jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Latysh <ivanlat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XPath on data prior to saving
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:18:57 GMT
Chris Schmidt wrote:

>   Thanks for the response Marcel, that's what I was afraid of.  As
You are out of luck here, JCR api are very inconsistent in regards to transient
state, and it is more than a frustrating.

> another alternative, could I use versioning to effectively rollback the
> changes?  If that isn't an abuse of versioning, what would happen if a
> node is new?  Perhaps changing to a previous version of the parent node
> would be more correct, since that would take care of the case where the
> node is newly created, right?

You may try it, but also have a look at workspaces, you can save your changes
into a different workspace and use it as a transient buffer. So when you want to
commit merge nodes from transient space with your working space and delete when
you want to rollback.

P.S. Hope that it helps.

--
Ivan Latysh