jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV authentication
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:56:14 GMT
hi brad

> our use case for Jackrabbit WebDAV requires that the documents we are
> storing be avalable without the user having to log in.
>
> From having an initial look round it looks as though we'd have to
> alter some of the code to achieve this.

if i get your requirement right: no.

> Is it possible to remove the
> log in requirement with just changes in configuration files?

modify the config.xml present in the WEB-INF folder:
- look for the 'Webdav' servlet configuration
- uncomment 'missing-auth-mapping' param
- add username/password pair for someone allowed to modify content.

the default with jackrabbit-core is that any userId/pw pair is
allowed to write.
note however: you will never be promted for userid/pw if you
have this option set.

hope that helps
angela