jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:35:23 GMT
shepy wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I'm using jcr2spi - spi2dav to access jackrabbit repository. When i
> tried to register custom node types (with spring jcr module ver0.8) I've got
> an exception (classCast).

that doesn't surprise me.
registration of custom nodetypes currently is a feature of
jackrabbit-core only.

neither jcr2spi nor the spi interfaces nor the jcr-server
does allow for nodetype registration. they cover jsr 170
functionality only.
this functionality will not be present before the spi
interface and jcr2spi implement the new nodetype features
defined by jsr 283.

> This raises two questions:
> 1) Where is the mistake?

no mistake at all.

2)How can I register custom node types?

you have to register them with jackrabbit-core (see
various threads on the dev-list that explain how to do that).

> Thanks for answer.

welcome
angela