jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV rights?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:30:38 GMT
Squirmy wrote:

> Angela Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> with the default configuration (web.xml, 'missing-auth-mapping'
>> init-param) you should indeed be prompted from login and get
>> RW-access to all resources with any userID/password pair except
>> for the anonymous.

> How can I access the webdav with alternative credentials when it is set up
> to use anonymous when no other credentials are supplied (i.e. user is never
> challenged for name and pw)? I'd like the webdav to be open and readable by
> anyone without their having to supply any credentials, but I'd also like an
> admin person to be able to log in with write access.

let's see whether i get you question:

- everyone should be able to access without being prompted
   for username/password
- still there should be a way that the admin can login in
   order to get write permission.

is that correct?

the only way you can achieve this at the moment is:

- use an empty value for the missing-auth-mapping
- make sure your client automatically sends the required
   authentication header without being promted.

that works (i use this with the spi2dav code).
but, i'm not sure if all webdav-clients allow to specify
a username-password pair.
i think webdrive allows it and the ms-webfolders don't.

angela