jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPATH on versions of deleted nodes?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 09:17:20 GMT
Sridhar Raman wrote:
> No, in my repository.xml file, SearchIndex is a direct child of Workspace
> element, not Repository element.  Could that be the reason?

yes, that's definitively the reason. the SearchIndex child of the Workspace
element is responsible for indexing workspace contents (everything except
/jcr:system), while the SearchIndex child of the Repository element is
responsible for indexing repository wide contents (everything under /jcr:system).

If the SearchIndex chlild of the Repository element is missing then the version
storage is not indexed and a query will never return results from the version
storage.

Just add a SearchIndex and the very end of your repository.xml and restart:

<Repository>

     <!--
         Search index for content that is shared repository wide
         (/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
     -->
     <SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
         <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/index"/>
     </SearchIndex>
</Repository>

regards
  marcel