jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: properties on collections
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:00:47 GMT
hi roland

Roland Porath wrote:
> I am using jackrabbit as a webdav server.
> Is it possible to set properties on collections
> Whenever I try (with cadaver) it the only thing that happens is the
> getlastmodified property is updated.
> Apart from that no error message, no exceptions and the property I am trying
> to set is not there.

i depends on the nodetypes you are using for the
collections.
by default it's nt:folder and this one has a single
property definition inherited from nt:hierarchyNode
which is autocreaeted and protected (jcr:created).
no other properties are allowed.

if you want to set properties with your collections
you have to change that default. you may create
your own manager and/or you own handlers.

angela