jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XML-string as property value
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:57:24 GMT
Roland Porath wrote:
> When I try to set a property on a resource (non collection) to an xml-value
> I get some strange behavior:
>
> This is the request:
> PROPPATCH
> /jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/SmartRepository/files/Demonstratio
> n/proptest/test.txt HTTP/1.1
> Host: 127.0.0.1:5000
> Authorization: Basic QWRtaW5pc3RyYXRvcjpmcmVlLkRPTQ==
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
>    <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
>       <D:set>
>          <D:prop>
>             <anotherProp
> xmlns="http://webdav.org/cadaver/custom-properties/">
>                <subProp1>subProp1Value</subProp1>
>                <subProp2>
>                   <subSubProp>subSubPropValue</subSubProp>
>                </subProp2>
>             </anotherProp>
>          </D:prop>
>       </D:set>
>    </D:propertyupdate>
>
> - the result is HTTP 207 Multi-Status;
> - jackrabbit throws no exceptions and logs no errors so everything seems to
> be just fine.
>
> However when I do a propget this is what comes back:
> anotherProp = [[subProp1: null], [subProp2: null]]
>
> am I missing something here?
>
> The same request works just nicely with slide.

JCR lacks the ability to store XML properties natively.

Thus the WebDAV layer either should reject these values, or make sure
the XML is serialized when stored, and re-parsed in the other direction.
That may be tricky to implement as there's no simple way to distinguish
between strings and XML in the store.

BR, Julian