jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject non versioned attributes on versioned nodes?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:36:32 GMT
Hello,

    I am trying to add a stream attribute to a versionable node that represents auditing information
regarding access to the node. To that end, i would prefer that the these updates are not done
in a checkout()/checkin() scenario as i don't want these changes to be represented in the
version history. When i try to set this property however, i get an exception

javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: cannot set the value of a protected property
/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/9b/7f/44/9b7f44aa-8299-417f-98c7-29080e7968d7/1.0/jcr:frozenNode/AUDIT

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to update properties outside of versioning,
or am i barking up the wrong tree, and there is a better way to do this?

thanks,
dave