jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM issues with path and id fields (annotations)
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:40:50 GMT
On Feb 13, 2008 6:26 PM, Xavier <xcoulon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm beginning working with the Jackrabbit OCM extension and i'm stuck with
> the following issue on a very trivial example: in the 'Article' class, I
> defined fields for the "content" of an article, plus fields for 'path' and
> 'uuid'. I set the mixins for referencing (hence, support for UUID). At the
> save time, I was expecting that the uuid field would be populated by the
> persistenceManager, but nope. (even if using ID is not a good practice, I
> like to know that my config works)

With the current implementation,  the UUID id id not refreshed. it will
refreshed when the object will be retrieve again (eg. with a getObject
call).

> Furthermore, when I save two distinct nodes with the same path (as
> annotated
> with the 'path' attribute of the Field annotation), i don't see the path
> indexing, as i could have when using the standard JCR API
> (session.save(node), etc...)

you are rigth, the path field is not updated in this case.

> My proto is based on spring 2.5 + springmodules 0.8 + Jackrabbit OCM 1.4,
> and the 'glue' uses the patch submitted here :
> http://jira.springframework.org/browse/MOD-446 The difference with the
> tests
> in the patch is that I use annotations instead of xml mapping
>

> I'm used to ORM frameworks like Hibernate, so I was expecting that the
> persistenceManager would behave the same way, ie. setting values such as
> ID
> or updating the path value if a node with the same path already exists. Is
> it the way it works with OCM too ?

You are welcome to create new jira issues for that kind of problem.

I'm not sure that many people, here, are using UUID and SNS but we can try
to find the more appropriate solution.

Thanks,
Christophe