jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vidar Ramdal" <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Partitioning the repository
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:26:11 GMT
Hi all;

We're in the situation described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03075.html
... that is, we're going to host a large number of independent
websites, using Jackrabbit as a content repository. We'd really like
to physically separate each website's content, e.g. storing them in
separate directory structures/databases, for easier backup,
portability, etc.

One option would be to use one workspace per website, but this does
not seem to be the recommended approach [1]:
"Do not use workspaces for things like:
   * user home directories
   * distinct content for different target audiences like public,
private, local, ..."

So we're probably going with separate root nodes for each website.
David Nuescheler suggests [2] that "[...] a content repository's
persistence layer could be configured to for example separate the
different workspaces into different persistence layers (like different
databases) [possibly even different sections of the tree]"

Has anyone had success storing "different sections of the tree" in
different databases? Is there a working example of such configuration
anywhere? Or is this there another approach that is more suitable -
like using separate repositories for each website?

All suggestions appreciated.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#head-ca639e0ee110b80e8277a50f9b9de092b5d86427
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03097.html

--