jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Callan" <seancal...@gmail.com>
Subject Proper Workspace/Indexing Configuration
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:28:18 GMT
Hi guys,

Would anyone be so kind as to send me a functional repository configuration
that indexes a variety of nt:files types?  I'm using the follow
configuration and I am unable to search for a term within any of my binary
content (nt:files > jcr:content).

At this point I'm out of ideas, the correct jars are in place, searching
works on all my plain text nodes, I can even see that the index is updated
when I add in new nt:files nodes.  But a search returns nothing.  At this
point search is the only thing holding back my development and client's
acceptance of JackRabbit as our repository.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<Repository>
    <FileSystem
             class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>
    </FileSystem>
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <AccessManager
                 class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager"/>
        <LoginModule class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">
            <param name="userid" value="" />
        </LoginModule>
    </Security>
    <Workspaces
             rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
                      defaultWorkspace="default" />
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem
                 class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem
">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
            class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.xml.XMLPersistenceManager" />
          <SearchIndex

            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index" />
            <param name="textFilterClasses" value="
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PlainTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsWordTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsExcelTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsPowerPointTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PdfTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.OpenOfficeTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.RTFTextExtractor,
                  org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.HTMLTextExtractor,
                org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.XMLTextExtractor"/>
        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/versions">
        <FileSystem
                 class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem
">
            <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/versions"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
            class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.xml.XMLPersistenceManager" />
    </Versioning>
</Repository>

Thanks,
Sean