jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Callan" <seancal...@gmail.com>
Subject Saving & Searching Binary Content
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:44:47 GMT
Hi guys, I've got a quick question about how I'm doing my saving and
searching on binary content.

At this time I use a my own node definition as follows:
<nt = 'http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0'>
<webfmis = 'http://www.filler.com'>
[webfmis:resource] > nt:resource, nt:unstructured
- webfmis:fileName (string)
- webfmis:size (string)

When a file is uploaded I create a new webfmis:resource and load in their
data as follows:
n.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", mimeType);
n.setProperty("jcr:data", file.getInputStream());
n.setProperty("jcr:lastModified", Calendar.getInstance());
n.setProperty("webfmis:fileName", filename);
n.setProperty("webfmis:size", file.getSize());

My repository.xml file has all of the text extractors listed in it and
everything seems to be working fine.  If search for a word that happens to
be in the webfmis:fileName I get it returned, however, I cannot get any
values within the binary content to be indexed and returned.  What am I
doing here?

These are the various xpaths I've tried to use:
//*[jcr:contains(.,'rapdily')]
//element(*, nt:resource)[(jcr:contains(.,'rapdily'))]
//element(*, webfmis:resource)[(jcr:contains(.,'rapdily'))]
//webfmis:resource[jcr:contains(.,'rapdily')]

I'm not sure what I'm doing that is preventing the indexing and searching, I
thought perhaps it was the jcr:encodingType property but I did away with
that but there was no improvement.  If I just look for webfmis:resource, or
nt:resource I get the number of files in the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean