jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: XPath on data prior to saving
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:55:48 GMT
Hi Ivan,

> .... but more like a temp folder
>  storing files to be burned on a CD when done with them.
I think that's a good analogy.

>    Would like to hear your opinion on that. Using workspaces as a custom
>  transient space.
This may be worth looking into.

I think this could be hard though. Let me try to explain.

The transient space allows to leave constraints unsatisfied between
saves. So if I have a nodetype that calls for a mandatory childnode
I can leave this unsatisfied while I am filling in the content into transient
space.
If I now want to persist this information into a custom workspace it
will not even .save(). So I think you may want to limit the use case to
"consistent" and "transient" information.
Is that correct?

Using clone, merge and update across different workspaces certainly
works in cases where you are looking at consistent content.
So one could make a "working copy" of a workspace
make your modifications, query and the merge() the result back.

regards,
david

regards,
david