jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luca Tagliani <l.tagli...@prismaeng.it>
Subject DataStore Garbage Collector problem
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:34:53 GMT

Hi all,
  I am developing a webapp using Jackrabbit. I switched my blobs to
DataStore in the last days, but I have the following problem with the
GarbageCollector:
I create a separate thread that started in a separate servlet
I log in with system credentials retrieving the repository from JNDI (this
actually works fine)
Continuously run three instruction:
  gc.scan();
  gc.stopScan();
  int numDeleted = gc.deleteUnused();

The strange behaviour (or so it seems to me) is that when I stop then
restart the application all my datastore object are cleaned, an from that
moment, even if I delete a node, it isn't deleted from the datastore.

Well, to be clearer I attach my code of the thread and the servlet.

Anyone can help me understand how I should use the GarbageCollector ?

Thanks in advance

Luca Tagliani

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15416402/WrDataStoreGarbageCollector.java
WrDataStoreGarbageCollector.java