jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Porath" <rol...@exari.com>
Subject RE: properties on collections
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:37:25 GMT

> ok. only talking POC...
> i depends on your needs. what is the nature of the
> expected child-nodes (i.e. your dav-resources).
>
> instead of making the collection nt:unstructured (you
> loose the forced nodetype of the children) you may
> simply create a nodetype that defines an extra
> propertydefinition saying:
> * (residual, any name allowed) UNDEFINED (any type allowed) default
> type is String (most reasonable)
> multivalue,mandatory,protected,autocreated all false.

Thanks. Tried that, works nicely. I'll probably put it on the nt:folder
anyway as a cleaner solution

> > I believe this hack should allow me to put properties on a folder but no
> > luck so far.
>
> see above (in case you really have the nt:unstructured commented).
> the nt:base is just a 'marker nodetype'. it doesn't define
> any child item definitions.
>
> > I've made a couple of other changes in the xml (versioning related) and
> that
> > worked just nicely
>
> why?

I had to add mix:versionable to nt:file to get the rfc 32553 (versioning
extensions) to work.
Is there a better way of doing that?

> don't blame the cockroaches ;)
Nah, would never do that. Got an agreement with those guys: they stay out of
my bedroom and in turn I don't crawl around on the ceiling and don't keep my
kitchen too clean. Works out alright mostly.