jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Porath" <rol...@exari.com>
Subject XML-string as property value
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:01:58 GMT
When I try to set a property on a resource (non collection) to an xml-value
I get some strange behavior:

This is the request:
PROPPATCH
/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/SmartRepository/files/Demonstratio
n/proptest/test.txt HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:5000
Authorization: Basic QWRtaW5pc3RyYXRvcjpmcmVlLkRPTQ==
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
   <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:">
      <D:set>
         <D:prop>
            <anotherProp
xmlns="http://webdav.org/cadaver/custom-properties/">
               <subProp1>subProp1Value</subProp1>
               <subProp2>
                  <subSubProp>subSubPropValue</subSubProp>
               </subProp2>
            </anotherProp>
         </D:prop>
      </D:set>
   </D:propertyupdate>

- the result is HTTP 207 Multi-Status;
- jackrabbit throws no exceptions and logs no errors so everything seems to
be just fine.

However when I do a propget this is what comes back:
anotherProp = [[subProp1: null], [subProp2: null]]

am I missing something here?

The same request works just nicely with slide.

Cheers

roland