jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hamid Reza Sahlolbey" <sahlol...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Analyzerr
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:32:46 GMT

Thanks in advance,
Hamid

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brosius [mailto:dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com]
Sent: 2008/02/15 10:07 ب.ظ
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: non versioned attributes on versioned nodes?

Hello,

    I am trying to add a stream attribute to a versionable node that
represents auditing information regarding access to the node. To that end, i
would prefer that the these updates are not done in a checkout()/checkin()
scenario as i don't want these changes to be represented in the version
history. When i try to set this property however, i get an exception

javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: cannot set the value of a
protected property
/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/9b/7f/44/9b7f44aa-8299-417f-98c7-29080e7968d7
/1.0/jcr:frozenNode/AUDIT

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to update properties
outside of versioning, or am i barking up the wrong tree, and there is a
better way to do this?

thanks,
dave