jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From marcandre.laverdi...@tcs.com
Subject Using the Web Application Demo
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:12:24 GMT

Hello folks,

I'm really in a bad spot... I have to make a reccomendation for a back-end
technology and JackRabbit looks like the right thing to use.

The problem is that I can't do a demo. I deploy the
jackrabbit-webapp-1.3.3.war to my web server (WebLogic), create the
repository without bothering to remember the name, and then...

I can't do nothing. I have the basic screen telling me my options, but they
are not helpful. After 10 minutes of guessing, I figure out the
username/password for the web-based view.

There is no doc on the website or in the WAR that gives any indication.

I can't even use JCR Explorer because the JNDI name to lookup is not
displayed anywhere, I am trying to RMI using JCR Controller, but that
doesn't work either (could not connect to the default port). I try to go
through Windows' WEBDAV feature and it tells me that its invalid.
I've just spent 2 hours of cluelessness on this and I'm sure you can
understand my frustration.

Maybe its obvious to an experienced Web Developer, but you can say that I'm
the representative end-user in this case here...

If I can't find a way to make this work I won't be able to reccomend using
this technology. Is there any brainless HOWTO out there that Google didn't
pick up?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau
Tata Consultancy Services
Yantra Park -(STPI)