jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Complex Queries
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:00:09 GMT
Hello Dan,

> I'm struggling a little bit to understand how to do a more
> complex query. Let say I have a model like this:
>
> /blog
> /blog/name = "Dan's Blog"
> /blog/author = "Dan Diephouse"
> /blog/entry
> /blog/entry/title = "Jackrabbit"
> /blog/entry/content ....
>
> I want to do a query where I select the blog node where
> /entry/title = "Jackrabbit" OR /blog/author = "Dan Diephouse"
>
> In my own perverted SQL syntax: select /blog  where author =
> "Dan Diephouse" or entry/title = "Jackrabbit"

I haven't done much with SQL syntax (XPATH normally) but I think this
one doesn't look right. Take a look at SimpleQueryTest in
o.a.j.core.query. There are a lot of sql examples there that should get
you started. Reading '8.5.1 The SQL Language' from jsr-170 might also
help you understand the syntax (about 10 pages only)

Regards ARd