jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From geoff...@mx.fileflow.com
Subject Re: WebDAV rights?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:26:21 GMT
> Hi,
>
> On Dec 20, 2007 5:45 PM, Geoffrey Rekier <geoffrey@mx.fileflow.com> wrote:
>> I am moving from slide and I have a little problem...
>> We want to connect to jackrabbit with a WebDAV client we have and
>> that's fine but it seems that we get read-only. (I get errors that
>> says I don't have the rights to add a file there).
>> I don't have the init-param in web.xml. and I am using the
>> SimpleAccessManager.
>
> The default SimpleAccessManager (it's really simple :-) grants
> read-only access to anonymous users and read-write access to anyone
> else. So with default configuration you can get write access by
> supplying any username and password.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Thanks for this fast answer...
I'm using the standard configuration.
I also login every time but still don't have write rights. I tried to
write my own implementation of AccessManager without any luck either. I'll
try with my own LoginModule tomorrow but I would rather not to...
Is there a file or DB for login? How can I configure it (without my a new
implementation)?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Geoffrey