jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: searching and interwoven integration
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:19:32 GMT
Hi,

On Dec 18, 2007 7:23 AM, hanasaki jiji <hanasaki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Need some details on searching... I have heard that there is full text
> search and also that there is only search based on pre-defined tags.
> Which is correct and where can I find demo's that use the jsr
> compliant api's?

You can use both full text and direct property value constraints in
queries. See the JCR specification for the available query types.

Unfortunately we don't have a Jackrabbit demo up and running anywhere,
but if you like you can try the commercial CRX demo at
http://jcr.day.com/. Most of the features (except the fancy UI :-) are
also available in Jackrabbit.

> also, for corporate reasons, the interwoven teamsite product is being
> used for authoring and process management of approval of content.  Any
> thoughts on integration so that jsr compliant api's can be used for
> run-time content?  I have considered a static snapshot / dump of
> approved content and then import into jackrabbit.

A periodic import should work assuming you're not moving huge amounts
of content.

Also, at risk of sounding like a salesman, you may want to check out
the commercial (read-only) Interwoven connector (see [1]) from my
employer.

[1] http://www.day.com/site/en/index/products/content-centric_infrastructure/Content_Repository_Connectors.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting