jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: serving static binaries
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:00:30 GMT
Bruno Abitbol wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>my problem is the following: I don't want to use any java input/output
>stream  method  when  retrieving  binaries objects from the repository.
>It would be great if apache can serve directly those binaries. Would it
>be possible to replicate the binaries in a specific location (on the
>file system) and save them with their extension. How should I proceed?

I guess you would have to implement a custom persistance manager, which
also saves "binary" data as regular files.

But maybe you could explain a bit more about your processes. I guess you
have a Java application which is using JCR, through which you would like
to read/write data and at the same time you would like to serve the
binary content as read-only through the Apache webserver, right?

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner