jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Debbie Troxel <dtro...@e-tractions.com>
Subject Re: Glassfish and Windows XP. Hopeless? (not)
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:30:25 GMT
<head>
</head>
pretty simple.<br>
Extract the nekohtml-0.9.4.jar from the .rar archive.&nbsp; Rename the
LICENSE file within the jar</font><font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"> (e.g. rename to CyberNeko_LICENSE)</font><font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">, and replace the nekohtml jar in
the rar with the updated version.<br>
After having made that change, I was able to deploy the Resource
Adapter successfully on Windows.<br>
- Debbie<br>
Debbie Troxel wrote:
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">I have been investigating
Jackrabbit and would really like to be able to use it but have been
extremely frustrated trying to get an environment that works.<br>
Others seem to have run into the same issues, but I haven't found any
pointers to resolutions.&nbsp; Is it hopeless to try to run under Glassfish
on Windows XP?&nbsp; <br>
It looks like the ideal approach would be to use the Resource Adapter.&nbsp;
I've installed it successfully on linux, but under Windows, I get <br>
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException:
java.io.IOException: filename:
C:\Java\Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\jackrabbit-jca\license\LICENSE&nbsp;
java.io.FileNotFoundException: (The system cannot find the path
specified)<br>
This looks like the issue documented by Daniel Br&#376;uen in this post:<br>
  <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-RAR-Deployment-in-Glassfish-%28and-on-Mac-OS-X%29-t4334860.html">http://www.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-RAR-Deployment-in-Glassfish-(and-on-Mac-OS-X)-t4334860.html</a><br>
Windows also has a case insensitive filesystem so apparently the
license folder and LICENSE file collide.&nbsp; Is there any workaround for
Windows?&nbsp; <br>
Giving up on that approach, I tried a Model 2 deployment, and again ran
into the same issues others have reported.&nbsp; I installed all the
required jars and created a JNDI reference named 'jcr/testRepository'
bound to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.<br>
In my webapp, I look up the Repository using<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
InitialContext context = new InitialContext();<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Context environment = (Context)
context.lookup("java:comp/env");<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Repository repository = (Repository)
environment.lookup("jcr/testRepository");<br>
It works initially, but if I make any changes and redeploy my webapp, I
get the .lock error:<br>
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The repository home
C:\Java\jackrabbit\test appears to be in use since the file named .lock
is locked by another process.&nbsp; The only solution seems to be restarting
Glassfish every time I want to redeploy, which is not practical.<br>
This problem is very similar to this thread, but I don't see any
solution there.<br>
  <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.nabble.com/Repository-Lock-Problem-in-JEE-Environment-tf4312389.html#a12308562">http://www.nabble.com/Repository-Lock-Problem-in-JEE-Environment-tf4312389.html#a12308562</a><br>
So am I just out of luck on Windows / Glassfish?<br>
If so, my next approach would be to look at Model 3 deployment, but I
see every recent post asking for help or pointers to a Model 3 solution
have gone unanswered, so that's not too encouraging either.&nbsp; It appears
that RMI is dismissed as too slow, and I'm not very familiar with
WebDAV, so I'm not sure if that's something I should be pursuing.&nbsp; <br>
I would really appreciate any suggestions or help.<br>
Thanks so much,<br>
Debbie<br>