jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Custom WebDAV servlet
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:09:10 GMT
hi daniel

> in a more abstract way, I don't really understand how to realize a
> WebDAV access, through a servlet, to an already existent
> filesystem/storage/database (in this case a Subversion repository).

means: you don't care about the JCR repository, since you want
to use the Subversion repository, right?

in this case i would rather not extend from the SimpleWebdavServlet
but from the AbstractWebDavServlet, since that former already creates
a dependency to JCR by defining that there will be a JCR session.
most certainly don't need that at all.

you will find the AbstractWebDavServlet in the jackrabbit-webdav project
(trunk) or in jackrabbit-jcr-server (in case of an older, released
version). it defines some abstract methods covering the implementation
details:

- factory for the DavResource objects
- factory for the locators
- DavSessionProvider, where DavSession is basically a simple container
   to transport lock tokens.

the DavResource is intended to have at least some minimal knowledge
about the underlying repository. so, you will probably have to
define your own implementation (and the corresponding factory).

in case your are coming from slide:
the webdav library present in the jackrabbit project is intended
not to make any assumptions regarding the structure or the nature
of the underlying data storage. this is left to the implementation.
instead they define the functionlity required for the webdav-server.

maybe the code present in the o.a.j.webdav.simple and in o.a.j.server.io
can give you some hints... but i would not try to use it as is,
as long as you don't have a JCR repository underneith.

hope that helps
angela