jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Getting rid of .lock file when shutting down repository resp. closing session
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:25:22 GMT
Hi

I am using Jackrabbit 1.3.3 on Linux with Sun Java 1.4 and everything
seems to be fine except the minor thing that when shutting down the
repository resp. closing the session and exiting the JVM the .lock file
is not being removed.

It doesn't really seem to matter, because when restarting it tells me a
warning

WARN  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.RepositoryLock.acquire():111  -
Existing lock file /home/michi/jackrabbit/.lock detected. Repository was
not shut down properly.

but otherwise it's restarting fine.

Is that normal behaviour or beside closing the session is there anything
one needs to call to remove the .lock file during shutdown?

There is an e-mail thread about some similar problem

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/200701.mbox/%3C5f211bd50701040737l1724d26o9109864b2acf8c6@mail.gmail.com%3E

but it's not really clear to me what the "solution" is.

Thanks

Michael

--
Michael Wechner