jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sridhar Raman" <sridhar.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubt in Versioning
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:24:17 GMT
This is what I have figured out from reading the documentation, and testing:
The following code,
Node A = root.addNode("NODEA", "ATYPE");

A.checkout();
A.setProperty("PROP1", "some value");

A.save();
A.checkin();

creates a version for the node A, and currently the node is in a read-only
status.

Now if I were to execute the following code,
Node A = root.getNode("NODEA");

A.checkout();
A.setProperty("PROP1", "some other different value");

A.save();
// NOT DOING ANY CHECK-IN

I expected no new version to be created for node A.  And yes, this happens
as expected.
But say, I execute this code now,
Node A = root.getNode("NODEA");

A.checkout();
System.out.println(A.getProperty("PROP1").getString());

I expected the value "some value" to be printed.  This was because, I
thought the checkout that I do would mean that I get node A's latest
version.  But what is printed is "some other different value".

I somehow found this a bit counter-intuitive.  Can someone please clarify my
doubt?

Thanks,
Sridhar