jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject Re: How to covert string to legal node name?
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:24:05 GMT
Hello, dear collegues!

Well, finally i've got path conversion working with cyrillic and
other "strange" symbols user can input.

I tried ISO mapping but it confuses
node.getPath() method so I can not use resulting path for webdav access. It
gets just patrially decoded.

URL-like encodings are not usable too because path becomes not human-readable
trough webdav.

So my solution is to use JSR-283 p.3.6.3 mapping but this is incomplete if
someone wants to use path for webdav access. It is neccessary to map symbols
like ",', &,?,= etc

May be JSR-283 needs some additional definitions for illegal path symbol
mapping?

At least we need path encoding that does not confuse webdav and produces more
or less human-readeble node names
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE