jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kisu San <Kishore....@gmail.com>
Subject Changing CacheManager settings - Example in wiki is not working
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:47:18 GMT

Guys
I have a problem with Jackrabbit Cache.  I am trying to create around 10K
nodes of type "nt:file". Each of these nodes are attached with a binary file
of around 10 KB each.  I am getting out of memory errors.
Below is the code

        InputStream fileInputStream = new FileInputStream(f);
        Node fileNode = currentNode.addNode(f.getName(), "nt:file");
        Node fileNodeContent = fileNode.addNode("jcr:content",
"nt:resource");
        fileNodeContent.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", "text");
        fileNodeContent.setProperty("jcr:data",
session().getValueFactory().createValue(fileInputStream));
        fileNodeContent.setProperty("jcr:lastModified",
session().getValueFactory().createValue(System.currentTimeMillis()));
       session().save();

I have the following questions

1)How does cache mechanism work in Jackrabbit for inserts work. I try to
change the cache manager setting using example given at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/CacheManager

It is not working because,  2nd line in this code attempt cast parent to
child.  Because TransientRepository is child of Repository.

repository = new TransientRepository();
"CacheManager manager = ((RepositoryImpl) repository).getCacheManager();"

Anyone have any idea how to make this work or change the cacheManager
settings.

2) I am calling Jackrabbit from tomcat.  I am thinking of increasing tomcat
jvm memory setting to increase the heap size. Is it a good idea to do that.

3) I am using one session for many of these operations. Would there be one
cache created per session?
if I have to evit the cache how can I do it? May be I evit or clean the
cache once I complete one set of operations or before going for another set
of operations.

4) Most importantly in a transient repository for creating of nodes does
cache be used? Instead of clearing cache can I clear the transient
repository? I don't know if this is possible.

Help pls?