jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From qcfireball <qcfireb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Authorization
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:22:03 GMT

It looks to me so far that Jackrabbit has no "native" Authorization provided
with it.  I have looked at the source quite a bit the last couple days, and
there does not seem to be anything of this sort.  Is this true?

What I mean by "Authorization" (just to be sure you understand), an logged
in user has permissions to read/write/remove a: Node and/or property or even
rights to login to a workspace.

Are people implementing this themselves using the AccessManager interface?
Are they using JeCARS to implement repository Authorization, or some other
pre-built product?

This is VERY important to me and the project I am proposing to our upper
management.  If I do not have to build this from scratch, I would prefer
this.

Just wondering what others are experiencing with Repository Authorization.