jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hendrik Beck \(camunda\)" <hendrik.b...@camunda.com>
Subject AW: Glassfish and Windows XP. Hopeless? (not)
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:17:11 GMT
Pretty cool, Debbie! And it really sounds simple ;-) Guess I will have to
check it out again…

Thanks for that and regards

Hendrik

Von: Debbie Troxel [mailto:dtroxel@e-tractions.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 22:30
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Glassfish and Windows XP. Hopeless? (not)

Actually, the workaround is pretty simple.

Extract the nekohtml-0.9.4.jar from the .rar archive.  Rename the LICENSE
file within the jar (e.g. rename to CyberNeko_LICENSE), and replace the
nekohtml jar in the rar with the updated version.

After having made that change, I was able to deploy the Resource Adapter
successfully on Windows.

- Debbie

Debbie Troxel wrote:

I have been investigating Jackrabbit and would really like to be able to use
it but have been extremely frustrated trying to get an environment that
works.

Others seem to have run into the same issues, but I haven't found any
pointers to resolutions.  Is it hopeless to try to run under Glassfish on
Windows XP?

It looks like the ideal approach would be to use the Resource Adapter.  I've
installed it successfully on linux, but under Windows, I get
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException:
java.io.IOException: filename:
C:\Java\Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\jackrabbit-jca\lic
ense\LICENSE
java.io.FileNotFoundException: (The system cannot find the path specified)

This looks like the issue documented by Daniel BrŸuen in this post:
http://www.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-RAR-Deployment-in-Glassfish-(and-on-Mac-OS-
X)-t4334860.html
<http://www.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-RAR-Deployment-in-Glassfish-%28and-on-Mac-
OS-X%29-t4334860.html>
Windows also has a case insensitive filesystem so apparently the license
folder and LICENSE file collide.  Is there any workaround for Windows?

Giving up on that approach, I tried a Model 2 deployment, and again ran into
the same issues others have reported.  I installed all the required jars and
created a JNDI reference named 'jcr/testRepository' bound to
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.

In my webapp, I look up the Repository using
            InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
            Context environment = (Context) context.lookup("java:comp/env");
            Repository repository = (Repository)
environment.lookup("jcr/testRepository");

It works initially, but if I make any changes and redeploy my webapp, I get
the .lock error:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The repository home C:\Java\jackrabbit\test
appears to be in use since the file named .lock is locked by another
process.  The only solution seems to be restarting Glassfish every time I
want to redeploy, which is not practical.

This problem is very similar to this thread, but I don't see any solution
there.
http://www.nabble.com/Repository-Lock-Problem-in-JEE-Environment-tf4312389.h
tml#a12308562

So am I just out of luck on Windows / Glassfish?

If so, my next approach would be to look at Model 3 deployment, but I see
every recent post asking for help or pointers to a Model 3 solution have
gone unanswered, so that's not too encouraging either.  It appears that RMI
is dismissed as too slow, and I'm not very familiar with WebDAV, so I'm not
sure if that's something I should be pursuing.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or help.
Thanks so much,
Debbie