jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing a Session or a Session per web user
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:55:34 GMT
On Nov 26, 2007 4:27 PM, qcfireball <qcfireball@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I did a small test - 2 Threads each retrieving a property from different
> Nodes 100 times each.
> This executed without Exception.  I may try a more elaborate test than this.
>
> Question:  what is the maximum number of concurrent read-only uses of a
> Session would you recommend?
> 10 / 50 / 100 / no limit?

I don't think anyone can tell you this. It depends on a lot of
specific details. You can start looking at the implementation and
figure out the data structures used. Then you can search for various
performance tests of those. Still, in the end it will be up to your VM
and OS how good or bad those will behave.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.