jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: performance question
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:28:53 GMT

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 28, 2007 7:54 PM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com> wrote:
> > So in general the entire tree has several domain nodes, and each
> > domain node hash set of a nodes which hold the content of domain
> > object for given date, and each date node has a lot (up to
> several millions) of child nodes.

> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> The large number of child nodes per a "date" node is a clear
> warning sign. Accessing a node with a large number (>10k) of
> direct child nodes is expensive.
>
> Can you rearrange the child nodes to a subtree hierarchy?

I really assumed he meant several millions of child nodes as in several
million descendants...I just cannot believe Eugeny is talking about
millions of child nodes without any hierarchy.

Though, an XPath query won't be slower for a flat distribution if I am
correct (actually faster because the hierarchy resolver has an easier
job), but he also seems to suffer from queries that do not perform.

Anyway, Eugeny, can you provide us the missing information?

Ard