jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: performance question
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:09:33 GMT

> Hmm...was that Alexandru or Alexandru's cat? ;)

> Brian Thompson wrote:
> Eugene, could you post details on your current configuration
> (Model 1, 2, or 3, persistence manager, data store, etc)?
> Depending on what you're currently using, there might be some
> changes you could make.

And I would like to know which kind of XPATH queries you are talking
about (an example of a slow one). Please also provide us with which JR
version you are working, and how long does retrievel BLOB object of each
of content node take.

Can you also please mail the workspace.xml to see your settings.

Some queries take longer to execute than others (queries using ChildAxis
or DescendantSelfAxis might be slower...though, currently we are fixing
the cache for these, see JCR-1213), some speed depends on your workspace
config (like respect document order, see JIRA JCR-1237), and settings
like mergeFactor etc etc. Also recently background merging of lucene
indexes is added to the trunk which does not block user threads

So, if you can provide us with some quantitative number, we can help you
better. By the way, also interesting info is how many nodes are added
per sec during searches.

About 'speed up removal of entire domain object node with all of it's
children' somebody else might help you, because I do not (yet) know
enough about this part. I am not sure what happens when you remove an
entire domain.

Regards Ard

> -Brian

View raw message