jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:35:10 GMT

> Angela Schreiber wrote:
> feel free to add SEARCH support to the simple-server.

You are really to generous for this world! :-)

> that shouldn't be such a big deal (unless you are looking for
> basic-search ;).

I am ATM not sure wether I can translate DASL into SQL (or at least
95%)(XPATH). I think they don't totally match. Writing basic-search
isn't to hard if I could translate it directly into lucene queries,
but...this of course it not a very nice thing todo, because jackrabbit
has this query grammar sets, but I really do not know how they work (not
sure if i want to learn about javacc) :-)

> up to know we (day) didn't have the need for search with the
> simple server. that's why it's not supported yet.
>
> looking forward to seeing your code
> angela

Again, you are so generous ;)

> ps:
> the SearchResource implementation in
> o.a.j.webdav.jcr.SearchResource (jackrabbit-jcr-server
> project) may give you some initial hints, how to add
> Search-support to the simple-server.
>
> however, you should be aware that with the jcr-server each
> Node object represents a dav-collection and each Property a
> non-collection resource, whereas in the simple server the
> mapping of Nodes to webDAV resources is defined by the
> IO-handling and by the 'collections' entry in the
> config.xml... that makes the difference requires more than
> just copy/past. this just as a little remark.

Thanks a lot Angela!

-Ard