jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:13:18 GMT

> Angela Schreiber wrote:
> in case you are talking about the simple (standard) webdav
> server in jackrabbit:

:-( I was but for some reason mixed up and thought it supported xpath
and sql search...but this is the JCR Webdav Server only.

> => the SEARCH method is not implemented there.
>     so method not allowed is probably appropriate.
>
> as is stated on the jackrabbit-site: the simple server
> implements dav1,2 and deltaV.
>
> in case of the jcr-server (dav remoting):
>
> => SEARCH method is implemented but only XPATH/SQL query
>     languages. not the basic search.

Yes, I knew only XPATH/SQL query. Would it be hard to add XPATH/SQL
support for the simple (standard) webdav server as well? It seems to me
that it would be similar to the one for the jcr-server (dav remoting),
though I must admit I am not in a position to judge, because simply do
not know enough about it yet.

> however: as the jackrabbit-site states, the aim of that
> implementation is remoting jcr-calls over webdav. dav
> compliance and usability with any webdav-client was not the
> primary goal.

Yes, I have read that before :-)

> see jackrabbit/sandbox/spi2dav for the client part.

I have haven't looked at it before. Will do so.

> so. please check which servlet you are refering to.
>
> angela
>
> > [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/WebDAV
>
> btw: i find that page pretty confusing, outdated and not
> really helpful.

Yes, that one is pretty useless, but I got a wiki mail that it was
editted so took a look....thanks for the information

Ard